Setting Email Preferences
Email preferences or “Email notifications” refer to the email messages that you receive to notify you of any new activities happening in the groups that you are a member.
When you sign up and create your account on the Rehabilitation Community, you are automatically assigned the default setting on your email preferences, which is to receive all email notifications.
If you do not wish to receive notifications, you can adjust your settings as described in the video below, or scroll down to follow the written instructions.
Group Subscription feature
The “Group Subscription” feature that allows you to easily keep track of all the activities, posts and discussions happening in your groups. From the group page, click on the bell located to the right hand side of the group name to “subscribe” and receive updates from the group, direct to your inbox. To unsubscribe from group notifications, simply click again on the bell which will appear with a strikethrough symbol.
In case you are not receiving notifications automatically, it may be due to your personal email account settings. To resolve the issue, try the following:
- Check your spam and/or junk folders and mark the Rehabilitation Community email address as safe
- If you are using an institutional email (i.e. university, organisation etc.) the institutional settings may be blocking the email notifications. You may choose to contact your service provider or change your email to a personal email address.
Get in touch with the platform manager or support team if you are still having trouble receiving notifications.
Adjusting your Email Preferences
To view or adjust your email notifications, click on your name in the top right hand corner of the screen to reveal the main dropdown menu. Select ‘Account’ and then ‘Email Preferences’.
This will open the Email Preferences section in your Account Settings. The Setting options are organised according to the following headings:
- Activity Feed. For any new activity in the feed of the groups that you are a member of, including when someone mentions you using your @username, or when someone replies to a post you’ve created.
- Messages. When another Rehabilitation Community member sends you a direct message.
- Social Groups. Includes any activity related to a group that you’ve created or one in which you are a member. For example you can choose to receive notifications if the group details are updated, or a Zoom meeting is scheduled for the group members. You can also choose to receive notifications when you are invited to join a group in the community.
- Forums. For any activity in the discussion forums which you are subscribed to.
- Connections. To be notified when a member requests to connect with you, or accepts your request to connect.
For each setting option, you can select Yes or No using the blue radio buttons on the right hand side. Selecting ‘YES’ indicates that you do want to receive notifications, while selecting ‘NO’ indicates that you prefer not to be notified.
When you are happy with your selection, click the blue “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page to save your preferences.