1. These terms
1.1 What these terms cover.
These are the terms and conditions on which you may register to access the Site for the communication, networking and learning opportunities (the “Rehabilitation Community Digital Content”) provided by us through the Site. These terms and conditions also apply to your right as part of such membership to connect with other registered rehabilitation professionals through the Site and member-led groups.
1.2 Why you should read them.
Please read these terms carefully before you register to the Site. These terms tell you who we are, how we may change the contract, how you and we may end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
1.3 Other terms you agree to be bound by.
When you subscribe to the Site, you will also be required to agree to be legally bound by:
- Our Terms of Service, which set out the terms on which you may use the Site, the information on the Site and related the Rehabilitation Community Services (collectively, the “Rehabilitation Community Services”);
- Extra terms which may add to, or replace some of, this contract. This may happen for legal or regulatory reasons. We will contact you to let you know if we intend to do this by giving you one month’s notice. You can end this contract at any time if you do not agree to an upcoming change to these terms and conditions (see clause 11.1).
2. Information about us and how to contact us
2.1 Who we are.
We are Physiopedia Plus Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 07878211 and our registered office is at 10 Queen Street Place, London, EC4R 1BE.
2.2 How to contact us.
You can contact us by email at [email protected].
2.3 How we may contact you.
If we have to contact you we will do so by writing to you at the email address you provided to us as part of your membership application to the Site.
2.4 “Writing” includes emails.
When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
3. Our contract with you
3.1 How we will accept your membership application.
Our acceptance of your application to register to the Site will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
3.2 If we cannot accept your application.
We reserve the right to refuse to accept your membership application. If we do not accept your membership application, we will inform you of this in writing. Refusal may be because your conduct with respect to services we have provided to you previously has been unprofessional, or for other valid reasons.
4. Our rights to make changes
We may update the Rehabilitation Community Digital Content and make changes to the Rehabilitation Community Services:
- To reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- In accordance with developments in scientific or medical knowledge;
- To implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example, a security threat; and
- As a result of user feedback.
We will also add new Rehabilitation Community Digital Content, as well as removing old or out-of-date Rehabilitation Community Digital Content, from time to time, so as to keep the Rehabilitation Community Services current.
5. Equipment and browser requirements
You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all computer hardware and software needed to access and use the Rehabilitation Community digital platform. The Rehabilitation Community Digital content is best viewed by using of one of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome 5.0 or higher
- Internet Explorer 8 or higher
- Firefox 3.5 or higher
- Safari 5.0 or higher
6. Providing Rehabilitation Community Services
6.1 When we will provide Rehabilitation Community Services.
You may access the Rehabilitation Community Services as soon as we accept your membership application (see clause 3.1) until the earlier of: (i) expiry of the membership Period; (ii) until you end the membership as described in clause 11; or (iii) until we end the membership by written notice to you as described in clause 12.
6.2 We are not responsible for delays outside our control.
If access to the Rehabilitation Community Services is delayed or unavailable by an event outside our control, then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event.
6.3 What will happen if you do not give required information to us.
We may need certain information from you so that we can provide the Rehabilitation Community Services to you, for example, your name and email address. If so, this will have been stated when you apply for a membership to the Site. We will contact you in writing to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may end the membership. We will not be responsible for not providing the Rehabilitation Community Services if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
6.4 Reasons we may suspend the provision of the Rehabilitation Community Services.
We may have to suspend the provision of the the Rehabilitation Community Services and/or access to certain Rehabilitation Community Digital Content to:
- Deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- Update the the Rehabilitation Community Services (for example, the Rehabilitation Community Digital Content) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, and/or
- Make changes to the Rehabilitation Community Digital Content requested by the provider or author of such the Rehabilitation Community Digital Content.
7. Your rights if we suspend the Rehabilitation Community Services
We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending the Rehabilitation Community Services, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency.
8. The Rehabilitation Community digital content
When you view and access the Rehabilitation Community Digital Content, you will have the right to use it (as set out in these terms), but you will not own it. We give you permission to use it (also known as a ‘license’) as set out in this clause 8 and for the purpose of you using and enjoying it according to these terms.
The Rehabilitation Community Digital Content:
- Is personal to you. You can use it for your personal use wherever you want in the world but only if you comply with local laws and you may not use it for any business purposes;
- Is non-exclusively licensed to you, which means that we may supply the same or similar the the Rehabilitation Community Digital Content to other customers;
- May not be:
- Distributed or sold by you to any third party;
- Used by use in a way that infringes any of our intellectual property rights or any intellectual property rights of a third party through un-permitted use of the the Rehabilitation Community Digital Content; or
- Used for any commercial purpose.
Except where you have permission to use the Rehabilitation Community Digital Content under this clause 8, you will not obtain any rights of ownership or other rights (of whatever nature) in the Rehabilitation Community Digital Content.
9. The Rehabilitation Community forum
As part of your Rehabilitation Community registration, you may use the Rehabilitation Community Services. From time to time, users may post content that you consider to be offensive, inappropriate or indecent. We do not have control over content that is posted by our users, however, if you do see any such content, please report this to us by email at [email protected] and we will review the content and if, in our discretion, we believe that it breaches the terms of the contract with such user or may affect our reputation, we will remove such content.
We are not responsible for the accuracy of any content posted by users.
You agree that you are responsible for any communication and other interaction between yourself and other users.
You agree not to upload any content that is, or could be considered:
- Unprofessional for a healthcare professional to upload;
- Offensive, indecent, defamatory, libellous, harassing, unlawful or otherwise objectionable;
- Likely, or reasonably likely, to incite ethnic or racial hatred or violence;
- Advertising or other promotion of goods and services which we have not authorised; or
- Infringes the intellectual property of any third party.
10. Your account
You agree that you will keep your account login details secret and will not share them with anyone else.
11. How to end your Rehabilitation Community membership
To end the membership with us, please do the following:
- Click on your profile name in the top right hand corner to reveal a drop down menu. From the menu select “Account” and then “Delete Account”. By checking the box marked “I understand the consequences” and clicking the “Delete Account” button, you agree to end your membership to the Site.
12. Our rights to end your Rehabilitation Community membership
12.1 We may end the membership if you breach these terms.
We may end the membership at any time by writing to you if you breach these terms and conditions or the Terms of Service, in which case we will notify you in writing of the breach and require that you undertake specific remedial steps within the time period specified in the notice.
12.2 We may withdraw the Rehabilitation Community Services.
We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the Rehabilitation Community Services. We will let you know at least 24 hours in advance of our stopping the Rehabilitation Community Services.
13. If there is a problem with the rehabilitation community digital platform
If you have any questions or complaints about the Rehabilitation Community Services or the Rehabilitation Community Digital Content, please contact us. You can email us at [email protected].
14. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
14.1 We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us.
If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the registration process.
14.2 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so.
This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If defective digital content which we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable skill and care, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation.
14.3 When we are liable for damage to your property
If defective digital content which we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage which was caused by you failing to have in place minimum system requirements advised by us.
14.4 We are not liable for business losses
We only supply the Rehabilitation Community Services for domestic and private use. If you use the Rehabilitation Community Services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
15. How we may use your personal information
16. Other important terms
16.1 We may transfer this agreement to someone else.
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will contact you to let you know if we plan to do this.
16.2 You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else.
You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
16.3 Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to).
This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
16.4 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force.
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
16.5 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later.
If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
16.6 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings.
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts, however, if you live outside of England, this does not affect your right to any mandatory law which applies in the country in which you live.